Although the specification tries to cover many common scenarios, there may be situations when this is not enough. Fortunately, CoverageJSON provides mechanisms to extend any document in a well-defined manner. In this section you will learn how easy it is to do just that.
- "I like to add information about the publisher, license, and publication date."
- "I like to use a different unit coding scheme for a parameter."
- "I like to use a custom domain type."
- "I like to use a custom reference system type."
- "I like to offer range data in an alternative format."
On the next page you will see the first type of extension, adding custom fields.